The best exercises for weight loss can be done at home, on your yoga mat!
1. The Plank
One of the best exercises for strengthening your core and flattening your stomach is plank! This workout is for stabilizing the core and get sexy, toned abs in no time.
- Begin with adjusting yourself in a push-up position, bend your elbows but hold your weight on your forearms instead of your hands.
- Your body should be aligned straight from your shoulder to your ankles.
- Brace your core.
- Hold yourself for at least 30 seconds while taking deep breaths.
- Keep your legs straight and turn towards your right side and lie.
- Rest your body weight on your right forearm with your feet stacked.
- Push your hips up until your body has aligned with your ankles.
- For balance, put your right arm upward and breathe for about 30 seconds in that position. Repeat for your left side.
2. Regular lunges
The technique used in lunges is tricky but easy. When you are fully aware of how to perform this workout, you can definitely try it at home. It is preferred that you try out the exercise regime fit for your goals with a Dubai fitness trainer initially, and learn the techniques from them.
A lunge works on your glutes, hips, quads, hamstrings, core, and the inner thigh muscles that are hard to reach. Lunges can help you build up your lower body strength and endurance, they are also highly effective to even out muscle imbalances. Lunge is a single-leg body weight exercise.
- Stand up and adjust your feet hip-width apart.
- Take a big step forward with right leg ensure that the heel hits the floor first.
- Bend your left knee until you touch the ground swiftly until the right leg is parallel to the floor.
- Press onto the right heel to drive your body weight back up to the starting position. Repeat for the left leg. Lunges can be done while you are walking through the house, office, practically anywhere.
3. Body weight squats.
You can master the proper technique of doing a squat before using any body weights. Thorough knowledge of the squat position will help you position yourself correctly. To shape the hips, body weight squat is the best exercise.
- Stand up shoulder-width apart, toes outward and place your hand sin the air for balance.
- Push your weight slowly downward, keeping the weight on your heel until you reach a chair like position.
- Make sure your hips are going backwards, don’t just bend your knees.
- Don’t let your knees cave in, make sure they are parallel to your toes. Look straight ahead, don’t round your back. Repeat as many and increase the number after some days.
Try with 5 kg weight and increase the weight as you go.
Push-ups may look easy but they are the opposite. Traditionally, push-ups are good to build the upper body strength. They work on the triceps, pectoral muscles and shoulders.
- Start in a high plank position with your hands flat on the floor about shoulder-width apart, wrists under shoulders.
- Keeping your body in one long line, bend your arms and lower your body as close to the floor as you can.
- Push back up to start.
Repeat as many and increase appropriately.
5. Banded hip thrust
An exercise that can be done at home or at the gym. This workout is for improving the power in your glutes which are among the most powerful muscles in your body.
- Place a band just below your knees and with your shoulders and back resting on the edge of a couch, place your hips on the ground.
- Feet and knees aligned.
- With your hands on your waist, push your hips upward till your waist is aligned with your upper body and squeeze the glutes.
- Push the knees out intentionally to engage the smaller glute muscles.
- Add weight for better results.Repeat 3 sets of 20 repetitions.