Dubai Personal Trainer Tips: Top 5 Workout Routines For Bigger Arms?
How can I get bigger arms, fast. It’s a question often asked in Bodybuilding forums, at the gym and also to personal trainers in the UAE. Many people who start a personal training regime in Dubai with the aim of building muscle, want to focus to a large degree on their arms (biceps). Whatever the reason, both newcomers to bodybuilding and those with experience are always eager to learn new and traditional methods as long as they see great results.
As a personal trainer in Dubai with bodybuilding experience can you summarise what you think are the top 5 workout routines (free weights or machines) for building arms fast, and also include why/how you think these routines work best.
Top 5 exercises for bigger/stronger arms (biceps):
- Good old biceps curls, because it’s a great way to isolate your biceps. I prefer to do curls with free weights (dumbbells), and standing, since you’d then have to use your abs more for stability, and also gives you the ability to work right and left together or one by one. For example as a super set, 12 x one by one (6 each side) and then 10 curls together, 3-4 sets.
- Chin ups. If you’re not strong enough to pull yourself up to the bar, you can use a rubber band or even use the pull down machine, but just go for a narrow grip and underhand grip, so you target your biceps! You can even use a TRX. In this exercise you work your back too. So it’s a pure win win! Reps: 8-10, Sets: 3-4.
- Sitting biceps curls on the bench at 45 degrees, with dumbbells. Use the exercise for a bigger range of motion. You’re leaned back at the bench, your shoulders are back and your chest is up. Now, do this as a drop set so we make the muscle super tired. Drop set means you start with your max weight for biceps curls, and then slowly during your reps, you drop down when you reach a failure rep (where you just can’t finish the movement) Reps: 10 Set: 4
- Hammer curls. Now hold your elbows tight to your body and make some faster reps up and down. 8 fast reps + 8 reps where you go up quick on 1, and down slow counting 3,2,1 do this 3-4 times. This is called time under tension or TUT, this is a different way to stimulate your muscles and help them grow.
- bent over rows with underhand grip on the barbell, and pull to your lower ribs. This exercise clearly actives more muscles than our biceps, but then again, think of it as a win win. Make sure you’re pulling your elbows back and hold them close to your body. 10×3 – make these ones heavy!