Being a sports person your whole life, it definitely is a challenge to help maintain the momentum with an injury. Often, we are asked to take a long holiday off from sports, gym, fitness but as much as we want our injuries to heal, we can’t just sit home and watch TV. It can be stressful because our bodies are adapted to a fitness regime and it’s not easy for us to stay lazy for long. Yes, we need to recover and give enough time to our injuries to heal but de-conditioning is highly possible during that period. Nevertheless, there is a way to continue your passion even when you’re healing.
We’re aware of the famous saying: ‘Where there’s a will, there’s a way’. This is applicable in any situation; nobody should ever give up.
Before you get back to your training or do any kind of workouts, you need to consult your physician or your treating physiotherapist. You need to know when you may be able to resume your physical activities and follow their recommendations on that to be safe.
- Be smart with your exercise order.
- Sleep well
- Take your medications on time.
- Make modifications in your exercise routines. It’s recommended to hire a personal trainer in the UAE to ensure safe and effective workout. Fitness training can be modified by your trainer in diverse, beautiful ways to help you follow your dreams.
- Stay active on rest days.
- Don’t go too heavy too soon.
- Mental health is equally important to physical injury
Your recovery depends highly on the severity of the injury, location of the injury, the level of fitness you had before the injury and of course the attitude. Hiring expert personal trainers in Dubai can be a great option to go with since they are knowledgeable, experienced and qualified at giving advice to people going through rehab.