It is undoubtedly a challenge to have a proper, healthy, balanced diet. One common question trainers get asked on a daily basis; what to eat when craving chocolate?
Your very own personal trainer in Dubai, explains how he incorporates his chocolate cravings into his own diet. He says “One way I get around my chocolate craving is by prepped porridge every four days. I prep my porridge by adding chocolate protein shake to it. In the morning, I have the chocolate cereal as my breakfast.”
Being on a diet doesn’t mean in any way that you won’t be able to satisfy your cravings. There are many different ways to fulfil your cravings while you’re on a diet.
Once you hire a Dubai personal trainer, he/she will use a Bmr calculator to tell you how many calories you need to burn and the number of calories you need to consume on a daily basis.
Our trainer says, “For weight loss, I generally divide those calories with 25% carbs, 35% good fats and 40% protein. As for maintenance, I set them up on 30% carbs, 30% fats and a good 40% on protein. If my clients are looking to gain muscle, I set them up on 40% carbs, 20% fats, and a 40% of protein.”
From then on, you can consult your Dubai fitness trainer to find out different ways of fulfilling your cravings by not having to call it a “cheat day” and most importantly, keeping your carbohydrate consumption under the limit you’re supposed to consume.
Other ways you can fulfil your cravings is by having these foods:
1. Fresh fruit Fruit is naturally sweet and a good choice when you get a sugar craving. Also, fruits provide beneficial nutrients without having to jump your calorie limit. Having fruits is a healthy choice because they prevent you from heart diseases and obesity!
2. Greek yoghurt Greek yoghurt tastes creamy and indulgent, but it’s also really healthy. It’s higher in protein, lower in sugar when compared to regular yoghurt and is a good source of calcium, vitamin B and contains beneficial bacteria. The combination of nutrients in this yoghurt makes it very beneficial to your bones and digestive health.
3. Protein with oats Oats, protein, banana and chia seeds. This is a healthy way to incorporate your chocolate cravings in to your diet. This is a great way to build muscle and fulfill your cravings.
4. Olives If you’re craving something to eat you might want to snack on olives. They’re low in calories and contain a wide range of plant compounds that are beneficial for your health.
5. Dates Dates are very sweet and contain a high amount of sugar. They are also a rich source of antioxidants, fiber, potassium, iron and many nutrients that are beneficial for your body.
6. Hummus with vegetables If you’re hungry and craving a savory snack, try vegetables dipped in hummus. Hummus is made with chick peas, garlic and olive oil – all ingredients that contain healthy nutrients for your body. Consuming this snack will make you crave this more and more, allowing you to increase your vegetable intake and incorporate more vegetables in your diet.