How to stay fit during the festive season in Dubai?
Dubai is a lovely place to live and if you’ve been in Dubai for some time, you know at the arrival of the rare winter season, all we want to do is relax on our couch with our cup of coffee and watch our favorite movie.
During this time, we are more likely to take the annual leave and travel somewhere or do mini stay cations in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Fujairah, Ras-Al-Khaimah and so on.
The festive period of time during Christmas brings along a very relaxing vibe and we often host gatherings or dine out and enjoy the amazing cuisines and all the food Dubai is known for. This while has us breaking all our diet rules and spoiling our 3 month or 6 month or years of healthy and fit eating routine commonly calling it a ‘cheat day’ or a ‘cheat meal’. Many people return from their holidays gaining kgs of weight due to unmonitored and over eating.
However, if he thought of hot chocolate and mocha don’t leave your mind but the thought of exercise is off your mind, it’s time to get creative with your fitness routine. Truth is, with a little bit of plan and a lot of flexibility you can enjoy your fitness and maintain a healthy routine even during the festive season!
Tips to stay healthy and fit during the festive season:
- Identify what gets you off track. Once you know the reason, it’s easy to avoid the reasons that make you skip your workout sessions.
- Have a solid plan – mark the days you are planning to exercise on and follow the plan.
- Use a planner app or set a reminder on your phone to remind you of your workout session. Make sure you have all your events lined up before that.
- Exercise in the morning – if you’re a morning person
- Prioritize your sleep
- Slow and steady sweat sessions are not an option this time since you’re on a holiday. Instead, plan high-intensity workout sessions like Hiit and circuit training for at least 20 or 30 minutes and switch between cardio and bodyweight exercises.
- Choose whole-body workouts. When you’re on holiday it’s important to maintain the same stamina and workout intensity so you don’t lose flow and gain fat.
- Take advantage of seasonal activities like skating, or any sports that belong to the culture or environment of the country you have visited. For example, if you’re in Dubai December is the season to workout outdoors and enjoy activities like volleyball, football, and outdoor, fun training activities.
- Get yourself a workout buddy. You can easily find a personal trainer in Dubai who will craft exciting workouts for you. But if you’re away and your trainer is back home, ask your fitness trainer to send you some workout plans that you have done before with the trainer and follow that.
- Set a short-term goal. Besides doing whole-body workout, set a goal that you want to reach while you’re on your holiday.