Learning to swim in Dubai is an important life-skill but many people (adults and children) have a fear of either learning to swim or water.
Top 5 ways how you can overcome your fear of water and learn how to swim.
- If you have a phobia related to water or anything, you need to ask yourself is it worth it? Am I missing out on amazing opporunities to enhance my skills and fitness routine because of this fear?How can I overcome it? Is it just all in your mind, or from a bad experience? If you had a bad experience in water, you simply just need to get back out there and make it a good experience. Same as if you face an accident with your car, or broke a leg playing football. Don’t let it hold you back. Get back in the game with much more strength than before.
- You don’t have to do it alone. If your’re afraid of water, let someone ‘hold your hand’. It can be a friend, a family member or even a swimming or a personal trainer in Dubai. It cam be someone you can trust, and someone you know who’s comfortable being in water, knowledgeable and who can guide you through it.
- Learn how to swim. A lot of adults are probably scared of water simply cause they don’t know how to swim. Learn how to swim, or even just float on the water, it will make you feel safer and more comfortable. Again, ask someone to teach you, don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Good exercise. Overcome your fear of water and let swimming be a part of your workout routine. It’s an amazing and healthy way to relax. exercise, and a good alternative when you don’t feel like going to the gym.
- Simple movement in the water. Find a pool where it’s possible for you to hold your head over the water. Many people fear to get their head under water. So when you find that pool, walk around, do simple movements and get comfortable just being in the water. Play with the idea of swimming, and even use equipment that can help you float, so you get the feeling of letting your feet of the ground, but still feeling safe.
Looking for a personal trainer in Dubai? Get in touch with us to book your FREE consultation with a qualified pre and post-natal fitness expert today!contact us