Yoga sessions in Dubai for seniors
Professional yoga coach talks about yoga sessions at home in Dubai, private or in a group, how can they prove to be beneficial?
As we age, we tend to become less active. The advice from a fitness professional is that we need to be more active with age. Although many forms of exercise and training are too strenuous for seniors and the elderly, there are plent of gentle, low-impact exercises in Dubai that can be done safely under supervision. Being active in our senior years not only helps our bodies but the social aspects of better mobility help the mind too.
Yoga sessions in Dubai, are perfect for seniors because many of the Yoga poses are low-impact but they still help to work various muscle groups and increase flexibility. So how does yoga help with mobility in older people? And what are the benefits of joining a yoga session in Dubai?
- “Use it or lose it” is a phrase that’s very true for mobility, and as we get older, we tend to use our bodies less, thereby allowing muscles and tendons to become tight and decreasing the mobility in our joints.
- Yoga is a low-impact type of exercise suitable for seniors who want to increase their mobility.
- By doing yoga with a fitness trainer in Dubai, 2-3 times per week can help you improve your mobility as well as your posture, muscle strength and overall fitness level.
- There are benefits to doing yoga on an empty stomach, so for most people doing yoga first thing in the morning is very beneficial. But due to time constraints, if it’s not possible, it’s still beneficial to do yoga later in the day. Developing a daily yoga practice is ideal, but not practical for everyone. I suggest the elderly in Dubai to do yoga at least 2-3 times per week to increase mobility.
- If you’re healthy and don’t have any injuries and illnesses to take into account, joining a yoga group class should be fine. However, a personal yoga instructor at home, can tailor the classes to suit your goals, needs and timings which might make it a better choice for some.
Get in touch and book a FREE consultation with an Arabic, female personal trainer and yoga instructor in Dubai.Contact us